Friday, April 19, 2013

Five For Friday!

I've been reading Five For Fridays and decided to join in on the fun! Here we go! :)

1. We've been working on adjectives for the last few weeks. Since the weather has FINALLY been springy and warm, so we made colorful umbrellas with raindrops! After all, April showers bring May flowers :) Each raindrop has a springy adjective!! My kiddos used their raindrops to write a fun, spring story.

2. We celebrated a year of home ownership this week! Can't believe how fast the time flew by!! I spotted our turkeys in the backyard earlier this week too!  Last summer they'd come everyday (with their babies!) and have a buffet on our blueberry bushes!  I'm happy they're back! 


If you look closely, you can see them on the log :)
















3. My kiddos each chose a NH animal to research. We did book reports at school. At home, they each made a can decorated into their animal. I absolutely love this project!!! They always come out great! We do this as a whole first grade, and our animal cans go on display in the lobby at school for the month of May!

4. I ordered myself a new lunchbox, school bag, and gym bag.  They came yesterday!  LOVE THEM! :)

5. Report cards were sent home this week annnnnnnd it's April Vacation!!!!!!!!! I'm looking forward to having the week to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather! :)  Who else has break this week?

Have a super fun weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. New bags and a break? Enjoy yourself! Sounds lovely!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute bags!!!! Love the colors you chose. Congrats on your home - I bet you are enjoying it.
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete