Monday, May 20, 2013

ABC Countdown!

That's right...26 days of school left!  I can't believe how quickly this year flew by.  I'm not sure I'm ready for my kids to be second graders yet! 

To celebrate the last 26 days of first grade, we started an ABC Countdown today.  I have seen many of you post your own countdowns and I was inspired to create one too :)  I'm sure many of you have much less than 26 days left, but you could always keep it in mind for next year!

Here's a look at our countdown!  



You can get an editable copy of it at my TpT store.  Feel free to change anything you'd like!!

 


I was looking through my old things from first grade and found this book, called All About Me.



Don't I look like a little old lady?
Here's another page :)



My family, before my little brother was born! This got me thinking about making an All About Me book with my kids! So letter A in our countdown is starting these books! I told them all about my book and they were super excited to begin. :)



They worked really hard on page one today and tomorrow we'll continue with the next! B is Buddy Day. So maybe they'll be working on them with a buddy?!

Have a great week!!!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. It is funny how different the schedules are. It seemed like so many teachers were ending the school year already. My kids last day is June 21st. Nice A to Z list : )
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt like the only one who still had about a month to go! We get out June 25th. Enjoy your last few weeks of school! :)

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I love your countdown! I did one this year for the first time too... I see some on yours that I think I want to adjust on mine :) I especially love Whisper day... and so close to the last day of school - that will be a good day if they can keep it to a whisper!

    Thanks for sharing :)
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! I'm looking forward to Whisper Day ;) I was going to do Quiet Day for Q too...but that's our field trip day and I just didn't see that happening :)

      Have a super week!
      Sarah

      Delete