Thursday, May 30, 2013

Addition!

Who loves the Dollar Tree??? Me!!!! (And probably you?) I got these cute little things last weekend. I've bought these in the past and have used them for many different things. They just so cute! I have some monkeys with bananas, apples with worms, and a different set of frogs and lily pads. The kids love them.


I haven't totally decided on how I want to use all of them just yet. But here's how I'm using the mice and cheese :)

We've been working hard on our addition fact fluency. This week we've been learning the near doubles. I wrote the addition fact on the cheese and the answer on the mouse.


Tomorrow I plan on using it as a whole group. We'll sit in a circle and everyone will get either a mouse or cheese. I'll have my cheeses go first and the mice will have to listen for their fact. Then I may have the mice (the answer) go first and the cheese match their fact with the answer to really see if they know their facts :)

I also wrote on the back of them for when I put them out for centers. This way the kids can check their answers and see how to solve the problem, just in case they forget :)


I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the PB&J or frogs. Maybe contractions? Subtraction? Who knows! :)

Happy ALMOST Friday!!!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I need to get a move on to the dollar store to pick up this find! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Friday :)
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had lots of other cute ones too! :) Have a super weekend!!!

      Delete
  2. I love those things, too! And I love buying them and thinking of all the thing I could do with them! :) Love your ideas!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I love coming up with ways to use them too! Usually I think of too many and end up making another trip the the Dollar Tree to buy more :)

      Delete