Saturday, May 18, 2013

Budding Blog Linky!



I'm linking up with Jess at I {heart} Recess to show case my blog! Here goes!


1. Why did you start blogging?
It all started with Pintrest!  In my never-ending Pintrest hunts for new ideas, I discovered so many fun blogs and was so inspired to create new activities for my own classroom.  The blogs I was following made me a better teacher!  I created my blog to share ideas, meet all of you, and hopefully inspire someone else! :)







2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
That's a tough one!  I think my favorite subject to teach would be writing.  In the four years I have been teaching, I have found that the best way to get kids excited about writing is to create something fun to write about.  I start each writing lesson with a story that goes along with the theme or writing trait we are working on.  Then we create a project - it could be anything from a painting to a little bunny made of construction paper or something made from a toilet paper roll!  Once kids have something concrete and fun to write about, they LOVE writing.  By the time I am done modeling a piece of writing, my kids are usually begging me to get started on their own!


3. Describe your teaching style.
I am a hands-on, small group, centers-based, bring-on-the-crafts type of teacher.  I believe kids learn best when they can move around and have fun while learning.  I love coming up with silly little things to help my kiddos remember a concept or skill we are working on. :)

4. Give three interesting facts about you.
*I love being outside.  If it's sunny and warm, you can find me in my garden, walking my pup, hiking, kayaking, or just relaxing on the porch. :)

*I get cranky if I don't exercise!

*My boyfriend (Sayre) and my dog (Moo) are my two favorite things in the world!!! :)


5. Do you have a TpT store?
I do have a TpT store.  You can check it out!  A Sunny Day in First Grade!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog!  Thanks for helping us bloom, Jess!  :)
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I wish I loved the outdoors as much as you!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting a great linky party! :)

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through the linky party. Glad to be your newest follower.
    Cindy
    First Grade A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      I'm happy to have you as my newest follower :) Don't you just love linky parties?!

      Have a great week!
      Sarah

      Delete