Saturday, May 4, 2013

Five for Friday! (Or Saturday!)

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!! This was such a busy and stressful week!

1. We had NWEA testing this week. I made little treats for my kids, which seemed to make it fun for them! They did an awesome job!


2. We've been doing a lot with chicks and their life cycle. The kids can't wait until they hatch!! They ask about a hundred times a day, even though we marked the day on the calendar :). It's just so exciting! I'll admit, I'm just as excited as they are! Most of our writing revolved around chicks. Here's a cute one about taking care of a pet chick :)  They are going to be great mommys and daddys!


3. We've been learning about NH animals over the last few weeks. The kids each chose an animal to research. As a home project, they had to use a can to make their animal. All first grade did them, and we put them on display in the school lobby! They look amazing :)


4. Addition, addition, addition. My kiddos have been working super hard to master their addition facts. They love this Bump game I made for +9! 


5. I have double duty this weekend! 2 incubators, 12 eggs! We candled them yesterday. So exciting!!!!! We had four definites, a bunch of maybes, and only one no. A few we could even see the chick breathing inside. You could see the dark spot in the egg going in and out. It was the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!


 Have an AWESOME weekend!!!

8 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed a the maybes all come out yeses! I love your class writing. Nothing like something fun to motivate the students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they're yeses too!! Writing is one of my favorite things to teach! I always start with a fun project to get them excited :) Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  2. I hope for yeses too! Your blog is darling. I love your header. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy!! I'm happy to have you as my new follower! :)

      Delete
  3. Love you blog design- that was mine before I had it re-done. I can't wait for your chicks to hatch! I must remember to do this next year! I know my kiddos would LOVE it.

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh!! I can't wait for them to hatch either!! You should definitely do it with your kids...it's the best!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Sarah,
    My blog buddy Caroline hatched chicks in her room this year and they were so cute. I lost a couple one year and I was so sick about it that I don't participate in that activity anymore. I know I'm a wimp! Love your blog! We're your newest followers.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lost some, I probably wouldn't do it either!! How sad :(

      I'm happy to have you as my new followers!! :)

      Delete