Friday, May 10, 2013

Five for Friday!!

Happy Friday!!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again for Five for Friday!!!  Here's a quick snapshot of our week!

fiveforfriday

1.  We celebrated Cinco de Mayo on Monday.  We spoke a little Spanish and had a mini celebration.  The kids made their own sombreros.  We've been working on patterns in math, so I had them trace pattern blocks to make their own patterns across their hats.  My little amigos loved it!!


2.  Our Mother's Day gifts came out awesome!  We worked long and hard on our spider plants and we were able to finish and take them home on Thursday!  I'm always so nervous sending them home....the whole way out to the buses I sounded like a broken record: Hold them with two hands!  Don't let them go!  Hold them tight!  But they all made it home safely! Phew! 



3.  Last week we put seeds in a bag with a wet paper towel to watch them sprout.  This week we planted them!  The kids were so excited to see how much they have grown.  They can't wait to take them home to plant them :)


4.  I got lots of love from my kiddos this week for Teacher Appreciation Week.  They are becoming so independent and are so ready for second grade.  It seems like it happened all of a sudden!  It makes me a little sad.  I want them to stay with me!!  One little girl brought me in this book with a little note inside from her mom.  I cried.  I told you I was feeling a little sad already!


One little boy brought in a cute little froggy rock (our classroom theme is frogs) and a pretty necklace. :)

I also had them brainstorm ideas about why they loved their teacher (tehehe :) ).  I had them be the teachers and they had to make a bubble map and do their writing all on their own.  They were so cute.


My favorite ones were beautiful, powerful, and famous.  Haha.  One even said rich.  I told him I wish! :)

So I'm making their writing into a book, so I can remember them forever! :)

5.  This week my boyfriend and I have been puppy sitting for my dad's dogs.  My pup loves having them here.  I need a vacation!!  It's been a barking contest all week!  And the three of them combined are stronger than me and drag me around the yard!  But they're so cute, how can I not love them :)



I hope you all had a fantastic week!  Our chicks will be hatching next week.....I can't wait to share about them! :) 
Have a fun weekend!!!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Oh, first graders...gotta love them. I saved so many of my first graders' writings, and now, they are all old enough to drive a car. My favorite was Maddie, she wrote: Ms. C- she's like a mom to me.

    Gah, now that I am a mother...what a compliment, eh?

    Cherish the rest of the school year,
    Nicolette
    The Classroom Creative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always write the cutest things! I love when they leave me little notes on my desk or cut out little hearts for me :)

      Have a super weekend!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. At a previous school we did the chick eggs; such a neat experience. Your Mother's Day gifts turned out so cute! Love the colors of your blog.
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamra and Sarah!! I'm so excited for the chicks to hatch! I've been checking them all day, thinking they may hatch early :) Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

      Delete
  3. I am getting sad to let my Kinders go too. Enjoyed reading your Five! I can't wait to read about your chicks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I can't wait to blog about them hatching! :)

      Delete
  4. I adore the butterfly art in the plants! I pinned it for next year:) Thnaks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! I'm happy to have you as my new follower!!!

      Delete