Friday, May 31, 2013

Five for Friday!!

It's Friday, it's Friday!!!  That means it's time for Doodle Bug's Five for Friday!  Here's a quick recap of my week! :)



1. Last Saturday was the Color Run!!  It was my first 5K!  It was totally pouring the whole time and SO COLD, but it was so much FUN!!!  If you don't know what it is, it's a run where powder paint is thrown around like crazy and there are color stations set up along the run where more paint is tossed at you.  If there's one near you, you should definitely do it!! :)


2. My birthday was on Sunday!  It was nice to have to long weekend to relax and enjoy it.  My boyfriend made me this planter for the deck.  Isn't it awesome?!  I love it!!!!!  He's the best :) He also got me a gel nail polish kit!  I did my nails on Sunday and there isn't even a chip (and I worked in the garden, planted seeds with my kids, cleaned...all the things that would usually require a repaint)!!  I am in love!


3. Our butterflies hatched sometime over the long weekend.  I was a little sad the kids didn't get to see them come out of their chrysalises.  But they didn't really care.  They've spent the week watching them through magnifying glasses.  Today we let them free!!  We made cute little butterfly hats for the special occasion.  I told the kids we were going to wear them so the butterflies would think we were butterflies and wouldn't be scared.  They loved it :)


4. I had an extra short week with my kiddos.  Thursday I was part of the interview team that interviewed for new first grade teachers.  It was interesting to be on the other side of the interview.  I remember how nervous I was for mine! 

5. We lost our pencil sharpener.  It was sad.  The kids loved the electric sharpener, so they would break their pencils on purpose always try to use it. I usually sharpen all the pencils in the morning before the kids get to school.  But we were using colored pencils for a project and I decided to be extra nice and let them sharpen their own.  And that's how it happened.  

So now we have been using the pencil sharpener on the wall, which has been off limits all year because it eats pencils doesn't work very well.  This is what it did to a pencil today.  The kids thought it was hilarious!  So I'm in search of a new sharpener before this pencil sharpener eats all the pencils I have left!  Any recommendations?  I need a good one!!!!


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!  If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen this.......but this little lady has been laying on her eggs for.....21 days!  Do you know what that means????  They should be hatching today!!  I'm so excited :)  I keep checking, but she's covering them all so I can't really tell if any have hatched!  There was half on an eggshell to her side, so maybe?!?!?!  I have no patience!!!!!



Enjoy the weekend!!! :)
post signature



12 comments:

  1. I just posted about by butterflies emerging and we too missed it by minutes:( The kids were so excited though...

    That pencil is crazy!You have to try the Quietest Classroom Pencil Sharpener!! Love it.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quiet sharpener? That sounds amazing :) I'll check it out, thanks!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Sarah-

    Ah, yes. First graders and the pencil sharpening drama. Sounds like the title of a Junie B book, right? :)

    The butterfly release is always my favorite part about May...

    Happy Belated Birthday,
    Nicolette
    The Classroom Creative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicolette!! It DOES sounds like a June B title lol. Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Color Run! I am signed up to do my 3rd one this fall! It's sooooo much fun!! As for the pencil sharpener, check out Classroom Friendly Supplies for the Quietest Pencil Sharpener...it's awesome!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to sign up next year! It was a blast :) I'll check out the Quietest Pencil Sharpener! Thanks!!!

      Delete
  4. I have seen the color runs and it does seem like so much fun! The gel nails seem really interesting. I will have to check that out! I can never seem to keep polish on! I just became a new follower!
    www.kreativeinkindergartenblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have to paint my nails three times a week...at least :) The gel stuff is amazing! Your should try it :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Mine is today and I've spent some of it just relaxing and scooting around to visit blogs in the Doodle Bugs linky.
    :-)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday!!! :) I hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  6. Cute blog! Love the planter and flowers! I'm your newest follower.

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      Delete