Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Most Exciting Day.......EVER!!!

For real.  It was the most exciting day ever!  I mentioned that our eggs had small cracks in them yesterday.  So I got up super early today to get to work to check on them!  Two were in the incubators, cheeping away!!

Poor little girl!! (We're calling them all girls....don't want roosters!!!!)

A bunch more had small cracks, and within about an hour, another one was ready to hatch!  I caught it on video!  It wouldn't let me upload the whole thing so here's two shorter clips of it!!

video

video

Poor little things!  Don't you just want to help them?  This one happened right before the kids got there.  *Sad face.*  BUT one hatched right after lunch!!  My kiddos got to see the whole thing.  It was awesome!! They were so excited.  I should have recorded them watching!!  Like I said before, it was the best day ever!  Their words, not mine! :) 

I put the three of them in their little home.  They were still so tired from pushing their way out of the eggs.  The little babies were peeping away when I left.  I want to bring them home! 



The other three in the incubator in my classroom are all cracked, so tomorrow should bring more chickies!  There's a bunch more in the other two incubators too (we have 18 eggs altogether)!  These guys (I mean, girls!) will be much fluffier and cuter in the morning.  

Obviously we didn't get much done today.  And we probably won't tomorrow either!  But it's such a great experience for the kids, I don't mind at all :)  I'm so happy my kids got to see one hatch!  I'm hoping they'll be able to see another tomorrow.

They'll be staying at school until Friday.  Our Special Friend's Day (Grandparent's Day) is on Friday, so we're leaving them at school for everyone to see.  Our caterpillars came today too!  Talk about a super busy, super exciting week!! 

Have you ever hatched chicks with your class?
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Aw, having them in the classroom is so much fun, isn't it? I must admit it was as distracting to me as it was to my Kinders! They are just so adorable who can resist watching them?! :)

    Fashion Craze Learning Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I was just distracted as they were! We had a rotating schedule of three at a time to go back and observe them....all week. I didn't mind though because I know it's something they'll never forget :)

      Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
      Sarah

      Delete