Sunday, May 19, 2013

Science Mentor Texts!



Happy Sunday!  I'm linking up with Collaboration Cuties for this week's mentor text linky party!  I love teaching science, especially life cycles!


I have a set of life cycles books that I absolutely love!  I use them for almost all of the life cycles I teach my kiddos about.  I'm having a hard time choosing just one to tell you about!  Soooo I picked one to focus on, but I'm going to mention the others....I hope that's okay!!! :)


The author of these books is Camilla de la Bedoyere.  This is the one we have used most recently in class, Egg to Chicken.


These books contain so much information about the animal.  The kids love when I pull on down from my shelf!  There are diagrams of each stage of the animal's life cycle.  This one tells about different types of chickens, the difference between a male and female, and about how they live and what they eat.  It has all kinds of great pictures and lots of fun facts. 

Camilla also has similiar books called Pup to Shark, Caterpillar to Butterfly, Joey to Kangaroo, Tadpole to Frog and one about plants, Seed to Sunflower.  I have them all and they are awesome! :)

Hop over to Collaboration Cuties to check out other fun science texts!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!:)
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are great! I use them all the time :)

      Delete
  2. Her books are great for the little ones. I love the pictures!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pictures too :) The kids always ask to read and reread them!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sarah-
    Sounds like this author has quite a few great science text to choose from- thanks for introducing me to her! Just became a new follower- excited to stop by again and see your other ideas!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aylin,
      I'm happy to have you as my newest follower! Her books are great! You should give them a try :)

      Have a super week!
      Sarah

      Delete
  4. These look like fun books! I have never heard of them! I'm so glad that you linked them up!

    Thank you!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,

      They are awesome books! Thanks for hosting such a fun linky! I love sharing books :)

      Sarah

      Delete