Monday, June 24, 2013

End of Year Fun!

One more day.  That's it....one.  I'm sad.  I don't want the year to end!  My classroom looks bare and the kids have been begging me to stop taking things down and packing boxes: "We're losing our classroom!"

I bought some grow capsule things at the Target Dollar Spot awhile ago and we watched them grow today!  The kids had a blast watching them and trying to guess what they were as they slowly unfolded.


They were actually a lot cuter than I thought they were going to be :)  I wish I had more to do for tomorrow!  Of course, we also wrote about them!!  You know how much I love writing!!!



I know you are probably wondering about how my little chickies are doing!!! ;)  They are SUPER!!  Although Momma Hen was a bad mommy, I am not (hehehe!).  I brought the rest of the eggs into school with me today to put in the incubator.  Two were wiggling away so I HOPE they hatch tomorrow!!!  That would make the perfect last day! 

The three chicks are cuter than ever!  I was worried about one because she wasn't really walking around or opening her eyes yesterday.  So I've been taking extra good care to make sure she drinks and eats.  She's looking much better today!!  Isn't she so cute!!!!!


Okay, one more day.  I can't believe it.  I feel the tears coming already!  Let's hope the rest of the chicks hatch before my kiddos leave for the summer! 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Your chick is adorable!
    You'll feel better once your holidays start:). I have three more days to go. I'm going to miss my kids too but I also LOVE my holidays:)

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicks... how cute!!! I just finished on Friday and it was tough. I miss my students already. But, now it's time to enjoy my own kids. I just followed you through GFC, but are you on bloglovin yet. I don't want to lose your blog when Google reader disappears next week.
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the bloggy world! I am your newest follower! Stop by & say HI! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chick is so cute! I'm glad she's doing better! The kids must have loved melting those capsules, I think I would even be entertained by it! ;)

    Fashion Craze Learning Days

    ReplyDelete