Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Field Trip!

Today was our field trip! We learned about how to look for signs of animals in the woods and then went on a trail walk to look for the signs.  The kids had a blast! 


Here they were looking at a giant pile of porcupine scat.  I guess I didn't get a picture of the actual pile, but you wouldn't believe how big it was.  Our guide said it was big, but what I think she meant was giant.  It was more like a very large mound of dirt than a pile of poo.  I mean scat. 


We didn't see any big animals (possibly because 19 first graders were stomping and trampling through the forest? :) )  But we did see a little froggy and a wiggly salamander.  That was good enough for my kiddos :) 


When we got back to school, we had freeze pops on the playground and extra recess!  "Ms. J this is the BEST DAY EVER!!"

I'm exhausted....and it's only Wednesday! I think tonight's going to be a relaxing night....no schoolwork!! :)
post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a fun field trip! It doesn't take too much to please first graders! My kids were happy just trying to catch frogs. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet field trip. I know you guys had a great time. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete