Friday, June 7, 2013

Five for FRIDAY!!

Happy Friday friends!!  It's been a busy week!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!  Here are some things we did this week!!
fiveforfriday

1.  It was raining on my birthday last weekend, so we weren't able to go hiking :(  It's been a tradition for the last six years.  BUT the weather was perfect on Sunday, so we hiked Moose Mountain.  It was the perfect day!!! :)  (Except that I broke my toe tripping on a rock...I'm a clutz....it's all bruised and gross looking.  But the good news is that I had to buy a new pair of sandals that I could walk in with my toes bandaged up, hehehe)


Happy pup...Moo loves hiking :)

2.  We've been continuing our ABC Countdown.  This week we had Joke Day, which I mentioned earlier this week, Kindness Day, Letters to Second Grade Teachers Day, Make a New Friend Day, and Notes to Next Year's First Graders.

Our Kindness Catcher has been great at reminding the kids about being nice to each other :)  Whenever they see something nice, they write a note about it and we read it at the end of the day.


For Make a New Friend Day, they had to work with someone they don't usually work with.  I told them they were reporters and they had to interview their new friend.  They loved it!!


We're still working on our letters to second grade teachers and next year's first graders!

3.  We made these cute little froggies!!  My kids are becoming such good writers! :)


You can get this crafts and printables at my TpT shop!


4.  Summer is coming quickly, so we did a fun summer writing.  We made ice cream cones and brainstormed adjectives that described summer.  Then they wrote about the sizzling sunny season. :)  I will put the patterns and paper on TpT tomorrow!! (I'm too tired to now!!! TGIF!)



They make a nice, colorful display!

5.  My little pup turned three last weekend!!  Here he is enjoying a Frosty Paw for his birthday! :)


Have a relaxing weekend!!!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. The ABC countdown is a great idea! Your pup is a doll--my pooch loves Frosty Paws, too! Thanks for stopping over to our blog. I am a new follower. :0)

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the summer writing and the idea of writing the 2nd grade teachers! YAY for new sandals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Make a New Friend day and the Kindness Catcher! Thanks for finding my blog so I could find yours!
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is make a new friend day??!! And your dog's birthday!! Super cute!
    *I wanted to let you know you're a no-reply blogger. Email me, so I can explain how to fix it.
    headoverheelsforteaching@gmail.com
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ice cream! We did a version this year with 3D shapes. And another grade level in my building did it with adjectives for mom! I love all the ways to use the activity.

    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  6. The friend catcher idea is great and will be a new addition to my classroom. Your pup is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete