Saturday, June 8, 2013

Spark Student Motivation!

I hope you had a happy Saturday!! I'm linking up with Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching for her Spark Student Motivation linky party!!



We are down to 12 days and my kids have been finding it difficult to stay focused on their work. I mean, who can blame them, right?  :) I've been choosing a special treat for the end of each week. It could be extra recess, a Popsicle party, a special craft, whatever I feel like!

But in order to get the special treat, the kids have to earn the letters to make up the prize. So, for example, if I chose extra recess, the kids could earn the letter E for lining up quietly. They could earn an X for working well in groups. Basically they earn letters for following directions, working nicely, being nice to each other, all the things they should be doing anyway :)

At the end of the week, they get their prize!  It's super motivating when they see the letters go up on the board! And of course the prizes are always fun too. I make sure they always earn the letters....shhhh, don't tell them that :)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. LOL Sarah! I usually write the letters of the prize to start with like RECESS and if they don't have at least one letter remaining, we don't go. (I always make sure there's one letter left...shhh, don't tell!). I like the idea of adding the letters! Positive! Thanks for coming to the party!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea that they have to work as a team to earn the prize. Like Joanne, I would always work backwards....I really like the idea of them earning the letters.

    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete