Monday, July 8, 2013

Liebster Award!

I have some super exciting news for you!!!  I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by two of my super bloggy friends! :)  The Liebster Award is an award for up and coming blogs.  I was nominated first by Mrs. Monroe at School is a Happy Place.  I was also nominated by Amanda at Teacher at the Wheel.  This is so exciting!!!  I love reading both of their blogs and it's super exciting that they like reading mine too :)  I'll admit, I may have been nominated twice because I wasn't quick enough to post this post!  I know, I'm sorry!!  But I WILL answer all of their questions!!!  How could I not?!!! :)  Today I will answer Mrs. Monroe's questions and tomorrow I will answer Amanda's!! Otherwise you won't make it to the end of my post ;)
 
To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them

My nominations are:
 
Jess & Kheila @ Two Friends in First
 
Mrs. Monroe's Questions: 
 
Why did you start bogging?
It all started with Pinterest!  I found so many neat blogs and great teachers through my slightly obsessive searches on Pinterest.  These blogs inspired me to create more fun and exciting things for my own class.  I started my blog to share my ideas, meet some awesome teachers, and hopefully inspire others, as I have been inspired by so many of you. :)
 
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to learn how to design a class website.  My blog I can do, but a website...I don't even know where to start!  I'd also love to learn how to ice skate!!
 
What story does your family always tell about you?
My mom always tells about how I was afraid of balloons when I was a baby.  Don't worry, I'm not anymore :) 

What is your favorite song?
Ooo how do I choose?!  Right now, I'd say Michael Franti & Spearhead: The Sound of Sunshine.  It's my running song and my happy song :)
 
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
I love doing anything outside, but my favorite would definitely be hiking!
 
You have a ten minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
It would be about finding something you love and sticking to it, no matter what.  You can't go through life doing what others want you to do.  It's your life....do what makes you happy!
 
Where do you like to vacation?
Somewhere where the water is blue!
 
What is one goal you have made for yourself this year?
My goal is to keep my school bag more organized!  I'm always losing things in there!

Do you have a pet(s)?  If so, what type do you have?
How much time do you have?! ;)  We have one spoiled puppy, Moo.   We have two cats, Snickers & Ziggy.  A few weeks ago, we kind of took in a homeless kitty that's been hanging around the yard....his name is Jinx!  We also have chickens: Mr. Roo, Autumn, Shadow, Skye, and Honey.  The chicks we haven't named yet (I always end up changing their names when they get bigger!!!).
 
Are you married?  Do you have children?
I'm not married.....yet!  My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years!  Does Moo count as a kid? ;) 
 
What do you "know now" that you wish you "knew then"?
I wish I knew how much work teaching really was!!!  I still love every second of it though :)

11 Random Facts About Me!
  1. I love animals!  All of them.  That's why we took in the homeless kitty :)
  2. I'm a perfectionist.
  3. I love to clean.  And organize!
  4. I love hiking, kayaking, the beach, snowshoeing, anything outside!
  5. I hate the rain.
  6. I love buying kids books.  I try to stay away from Barnes & Noble unless I know what I want.  Scholastic is another story.....:)
  7. My favorite color is pink.
  8. I have no self control when there are cookies or ice cream or anything sweet around.  
  9. I love to bake, which makes #8 hard.
  10. If I don't exercise I get cranky!  Which makes #8 and 9 okay, right? :)
  11. I always need to have a project, book, SOMETHING to do!  I hate sitting around doing nothing.  Don't ask me why!  I just can't sit still long!
Questions for My Nominees!
Why did you start your blog? 
What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Do you have any pets?
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
What was the last book you read?
What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
What is your favorite time of the year?
If you could have one thing (anything!) for your classroom, what would it be?
What is your favorite place to shop?
Winter or summer?
What is your greatest accomplishment?
 

Thank you again, Mrs. Monroe and Amanda!!!  Check back tomorrow for my responses to Amanda's questions!  To my nominees, I can't wait to read your responses!!!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your nomination! I'm so happy for you!
    Susan K.
    http://www.pinkwatermelons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Leibster Award! And, I WISH I got cranky if I didn't exercise! I get cranky when I do exercise! haha I have to take the classes at the gym so I don't "cheat" and then I'm a time watcher! haha
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for the nomination! That was so sweet of you!!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to bake too! But I don't love to clean and organize! I keep my school materials and paperwork impeccably organized but as for other things. It's just not in me! It actually takes a lot of effort from me to keep up with it all. It sounds to me like you don't sleep much. From pinterest-ing, to exercising to cleaning. You sound like a busy, busy girl!

    Thanks so much for the nomination! That was such a kind gesture!!!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pet children. Do you really need to ask if they count? Of course they do! My sweet old dog is my daughter's big sister (in my mind anyway).
    Enjoyed reading your answers.
    Have a great evening.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete