Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Made It: Dr. Seuss, Elmer & More!

Did  you think I went missing?!  I feel like I haven't blogged in forever!!  I have so much to tell you!!!  First of all.........I HAVE 100 SUPER DUPER FABULOUS AMAZING FOLLOWERS!!!!  I can't believe it!  I'm so thankful for all of you and have made so many super bloggy friends along the way :)  Soooo thank YOU for taking the time to read my little old blog :)

I had big plans for today's Monday Made It, but I didn't get it all done!!!  *sad face*  


We went away for the weekend and I guess it threw me off a little.  I hope you're not disappointed {even though I am!} :)


We went to New Jersey for Waterfest! It was a loooooooong ride, let me tell you.  My bum is still sore from sitting!  Last night, I was never so happy to see trees and NO cities :)  I guess I'm a country girl!

I got to spend the whole weekend with my sisters!  Aren't they cute? :)

And my super boyfriend :) 

 This is my stepbrother's dog, Brody.  He was a celebrity with that VW bling ;)

We had lots of fun, but it was HOT!  I got the worst sunburn ever.  It hurts to type this right now....I'm not kidding!!!!

Okay, now on to my Monday Made Its!!! 

I finished up my Black & White {Polka Dot} Alphabet AND my Black & White {Polka Dot} Word Wall (which comes with an editable PowerPoint!)  Here's a peek at what they look like!!



I also made this painting to go over my other classroom book shelf!  
 

You may remember a similar one that I told you about before! {This one was WAYYY easier to make!!!  If you want to make your own, you can read that post for tips :) }

My next Monday Made It is a project to go along with Elmer!  You know Elmer is my favorite :)


These are the steps to make your own Elmer!!  I will warn you, it's messy, but it comes out adorable!!

You will need: 
  • milk jug
  • scissors
  • tissue paper (cut into squares)
  • Mod Podge 
  • sponge brush
First, cut the bottom of your milk jug off.  I cut about two inches.

Cut the bottom of the handle.  This will be the trunk.

Cut the opening on the top off.

Tape the opening!  This will be the top of Elmer's head.

Cut out four leg holes!  I cut one and then put the cut piece up against the carton, so that all leg holes are the same size.

Then use the sponge brush to put the Mod Podge the carton.  Stick on the tissue paper squares!!  {I let it overlap at the edges a little and then went back and trimmed them after.}


Then add eyes {trim any extra tissue paper if you need to} and TA-DA!!  You have a cute little Elmer elephant!  I can't wait to do it with my kiddos this year!!!! 



Check out my Elmer Pack in my TpT store too! :)


Last but not least, I made Ranger Cookies.......does that count?!  They are DELISH! :) 



Don't forget to enter to win my Summer Fonts Pack!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Have a great week!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love Elmer too...that turned out so cute! Congratulations on the 100 followers!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elmer, and that pack looks awesome. I also love ranger cookies. It looks like you got tons done for Monday Made It. You should have no sad face for sure! I only got my clothespins dyed. ha! I am working on four projects, but I have just been super busy. Ahhh well...maybe next week! It is summer after all.
    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Elmer creation is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Marcy
    SearchingForTeacherBalance

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your 100 followers! :) YAY! And isn't it funny when you go away and think of blogging? We must like it! Next, you, your sisters, and your boyfriend are all adorable! :) AND the blinged out dog, too, btw! OK... LOVE LOVE LOVE your picture you made and ELMER. He is always a favorite. Oh my- that is so precious. Glad you're back. :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  5. This unit is AWESOME! Very unique! Going to recommend this to everyone I know! Btw those cookies look soooo yummy!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Elmer!!! I also love the giveaway -- thanks!

    I found your blog through Curious Firstie's giveaway! I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete