Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Made It!!

Can you believe it's July already?!  I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for my FIRST Monday Made It!  That's right!  Now that it's summer, I actually had time to start all the projects I've pinned on Pinterest!! :)  It's going to be a super busy summer!


Okay, most of us probably have these plastic drawers for storage!  I always thought they were a little bit ugly, so I found this idea to make them PRETTY!!  It is super easy and quick to do....plus they look awesome after!!


These are my step-by-step instructions! 

This is what you will need:
  • ugly drawers :)
  • scrapbook paper
  • scissors
  • Mod Podge
  • sponge paint brush 
1.  Measure the inside of the drawers and cut the scrapbook paper to size.  (*measure carefully!  My drawers had a curve, so it was a little hard to measure!  I measured the first one too small so I had to cut a small rectangle and add it next to it to fill in the empty space.....oops! ;)  You can't really tell though!)


2.  Mod Podge the inside of one drawer, making sure to get the edges and corners well!



3.  Carefully place the scrapbook paper, face-down, in the drawer.  I started at one edge and slowly worked my way right to left to make sure there weren't any bubbles!  



4.  Next, Mod Podge on top of the scrapbook paper, again making sure to get the edges and corners.  Let it dry and then do another coat!  


5.  Repeat for the remaining drawers!!


Don't they look beautiful?!  I have three more sets with craft stuff for school....I just need to more scrapbook paper!! :)


If you haven't entered my Bloglovin' Giveaway, you still have time!!
post signature

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog about my new design :) Love your Monday Made It!!

    Lindsey
    Teaching Snip-Its

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I bought two of those short paper sized 3 drawer plastic containers at a garage sale and was thinking they needed some jazzing up before I could allow them in my classroom. I think this will be my project for this week! Thanks for the clear instructions.

    Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! Thanks so much for sharing this idea...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a tutorial and not just a pic of a pretty finished product. Thanks. I bought a new set of 'ugly drawers' this weekend!

    Brenda
    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah- Those drawers turned out great! Love the pink colors you chose!

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawers look fantastic!! May have to cover the ones in my daughter's room, thanks for sharing your steps!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a set of ugly drawers that I need to do this to! Thanks for the steps. Yours came out great!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look great! Love the colors you chose. One thing that I did with mine was to spray the sides and top. The white didn't match my color scheme (and it was dirty!). I used the Krylon for plastics and it covered nicely!!

    ReplyDelete