Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More Liebster and Some Fonts!

Hello again!!  As promised, I am back to answer Amanda's questions for the Liebster Award!  She was so sweet to nominate me!!  If you haven't checked out her blog, you should!!  It's super duper cute! :)  Go visit her at Teacher at the Wheel!!
There are Amanda's questions!
What's your favorite subject to teach and why?
I love, love, love teaching writing!!  I always loved writing.  I love finding fun books to read and coming up with neat projects to get my kids excited about writing.  When you start with something fun, like a craft, they will BEG you to start writing :)
Tell me about your pets (or if you don't have any, what kind of pet would you get if you could have anything?).
I have lots of pets :)  Moo is my spoiled, adorable, perfect little puppy!  We have three cats: Snickers, Ziggy, and newly adopted Jinx.  We also have a bunch of chickens!
What's something college did NOT teach you about teaching that you wish it had?
I wish college had taught me more about how much time and energy REALLY goes into teaching.  I still love every second of my job, but sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the things that I need to do!!  

If you could make any unhealthy food super super healthy so it's no longer bad for you to eat, what food would it be?
Cookies!!!!!!!!!  Every kind of fresh baked cookies.  Great...now I want cookies ;)

If you were bitten by a radioactive spider, what super hero power do you hope it would give you?
I hope it'd give me the ability to freeze time!  That way I could get more things done!
Tell me about a memorable student that you've taught.
How do I choose?!  I had one student who was the sweetest little kid, but struggled behaviorally.  He struggled with reading and getting along with the other kids.  But by the end of that year, he turned everything around and loved reading and was friends with everyone.  Whenever he had free time, he would be reading a book (sometimes he'd even try to read during class :) ).  At our awards ceremony, he was all shy as he thanked the class for being his friends and said he would miss them all.  It was the sweetest thing!!
What are your favorite movies? (notice this is plural...feel free to pick more than one!)
Right now, my favorite movie is Pitch Perfect!!
To where would you like an all-expense paid vacation?
I'd love to go somewhere tropical, where the water is blue! :)
What's the last thing you said out loud?
I was talking to my dog.....don't laugh!!! :)  I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk later. 
What's something you would like to change about education in our country?
That's a tough one.  I'd love for all schools to have the same resources, no matter where they are or how many kids attend. 
What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
I have so many!!  I love reading Amanda's blog, obviously!  I also love reading the blogs I nominated.  Cara's First Grade Parade is a favorite, along with Joanne's Head Over Heels for Teaching.  There are just so many awesome blogs out there!!!!

You can see my nominees, 11 random facts about me, and questions for my nominees in this post!

I am also super excited to tell you I am almost finished with my classroom decor pack AND I'll be finishing up with my FONTS pack today!!  I can't wait to share them both with you!!!

Have a wonderful day!!! 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Freezing time...that's a good super hero power I've never thought of before! Loved your answers! Thanks for doing them twice =)

    -Amanda
    Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete