Friday, August 2, 2013

Currently & Five For Friday!

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for her Currently linky party!

Currently I am loving that Five For Friday returns today, so I'm linking up for that too! :)


Listening: It's raining.  I guess we need it,  but I'd rather have sun!!!

Loving: My boyfriend.  He's the best!  He puts up with all my silly questions about Blogger and Facebook and Illustrator and basically anything computer-related :)  He's helped me with lots of projects for school lately.  Like last night.  Do you remember I told you about that desk chair I found on the side of the road?  And he said I didn't need it?  Well I couldn't get that darn thing apart to put new fabric on it.  So he did it!  Now, he may roll his eyes sometimes, but he ALWAYS helps :)  He is the sweetest!!

Thinking:  I really do have some awesome followers!  When I started this blog, I never imagined I would make so many friends and become a part of this amazing teacher community!  So, if you're just stopping by, make sure you check out my 100 Follower Giveaway!


Wanting: I really, really, really want to get into my new classroom to start setting up!

Needing:  To get some work done!  My to do list is pretty long and I keep adding to it!

B2S Must Haves:
1.  Obviously a new, cute outfit!
2.  Quietest Pencil Sharpener: everyone needs one of those!
3.  Flair pens:  the best!  I bought a big pack!  I plan to use them with Erin Condren planner!!!!! :)

It's baaaaaack! :)
Five For Friday with Doodle Bugs!!
fiveforfriday2

1.  I've been doing lots of back to school shopping!  I've probably spent way too much!  Oh well, it's stuff I need! ;)  I found these little table caddies at Walmart for .97!!!  I couldn't believe how cheap they were!

You may have seen this on Instagram, but if not, lots my Insta-friends said that they found other colors.  So obviously I tried another Walmart!!  They didn't have any at all though.  I hope the boys don't mind the pink!!

{Pssst, you can get the group tags in my TpT Store :)}

2.  These glitter magnets came out fabulous!  They super easy to make too!  I want you to really see how pretty they are so I'm going to ooh la la you twice! :)


 I used cupcakes liners to keep the glitter under control!  It worked great!!

They look more sparkly in person :)  

3.  Last weekend my bf and I went kayaking with my brother and some friends.  It was tons of fun!


4.  I ordered an Erin Condren Planner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm am so super excited!!  I wasn't sure about spending so much on a planner.  I only designed it about 20000 times.  Then one night I saw that all orders made that day would be shipped August 18th.  And I thought IF I DON'T ORDER IT NOW, IT WON'T BE HERE BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS!!  So I ordered it :)  I can't wait until it comes!!

5.  I have a freebie for you!  Awhile ago I told you about the Kindness Catcher that I use in my classroom for positive behavior reinforcement!  The Kindness Catcher is a special box where the kids can write notes about nice things they see others do.  At the end of the day, we would read them all together and talk about how nice it was to see so  many good friends and helpers!  I created a new one for this year!

{It's a FREEBIE!  Get it in my TpT Store :)}
There are lots of options for the label too!



Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!!

Have a super weekend!


13 comments:

  1. Found you through currently! Super cute blog! The glitter magnets are adorable!!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok girl, I did your tutorial you suggested ha! Let me know if I am fixed!

      The Blessed OCDiva

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I forgot a new outfit for the b2s essentials! I might have to check Walmart for those cute caddies. I bought primary ones from Target but they really don't match my stuff.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Klass

    ReplyDelete
  3. In first grade, I don't think the boys will mind the pink so much. By fifth grade, that might be another story :)

    I jumped on the Erin Condren planner bandwagon as well...and man oh man, once I had that bad boy in my hot little hands, I knew it was the best $ I'd ever spent. I LOVE it! You will too :)

    Raye
    The Caffeinated Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your magnets, Sarah! And I love the idea of the cupcake container from keeping the "beauty" from going everywhere! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your caddies! I am hoping to find some good sells on B2S stuff this weekend!

    -Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just "found" your blog. I LOVE the kindness catcher and can't wait to give it a try. I do my own version of "bucket fillers" and this will go right with it! Thank you for sharing! Crickett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your kindness catcher! We have a Happy Bucket to go with the Fill Your Bucket Series, but I am definitely in need of an update!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kindness catcher is very sweet! Also your method of keeping the glitter contained is so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Part of me is dying to get into my classroom too, but part of me wants to stay home and drink lemonade! The kindness Catcher is awfully sweet!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kindness catcher idea!! I already do the fill the bucket, but I like this as it's more specific. I moved into a new classroom this summer and was able to get into it last week, but there is still so much to do. Good luck and have fun setting up your classroom.
    Erica
    Kindergarten is Dazzling

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your kindness catcher idea. I like the idea of sharing all the kindness for the day as a way to wrap up the school day.

    Sue
    The Very Busy Classroom

    ReplyDelete