Friday, August 30, 2013

Five for Friday!!

Can you believe it's Friday already?!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!

fiveforfriday2

1.  Back to work, back to work!  Our inservice days started this week.  We had lots of meetings and my new planner got a LOT of use! :)  We also had Open House yesterday, so I got to meet my new kiddos!!  I'm excited for Tuesday to get the year started!


2.  I got the cutest pair of shoes!  I love, love, love them!!!


3.  I finished up my moving word wall!  I'm so super excited about it!  I got the idea from Elizabeth at Kickin' it in Kindergarten.  All the words are on rings, so the kids can take them down to find the word they need or even to practice them!  Right now, I only have our kindergarten review words up, but I will be adding more as we learn them. :)

 
4.  Last weekend we went hiking!  There were lots of waterfalls and the views were ahh-mazing.  It was beautiful!!




5.  I made little melted crayons attached to a bookmark to give out at Open House!  I forgot to take a picture of the completed bookmark, so just imagine there is a cute little crayon in the empty space! :)  The bookmarks are a freebie in my TpT Store!!


The crayons were pretty easy to make.  I put a bunch of old crayons in warm, soapy water.  This helps to get the wrapper off. 


Some of the wrappers just fell right off.  Others I had to pick off.  Your nails won't like it ;)  Cut up the crayons into little pieces.


Put them in your baking dish.  I found mine at Hobby Lobby!!  I overfilled them just a little so that the crayons would be a little thicker.


***Make sure you put a baking sheet underneath before putting it in the oven!!!  It will be super liquidy when you take it out and you will get it everywhere if you don't have the pan!

I put them in the oven at 250 for about 15 minutes.  Be careful when you take them out!


Let them cool and then pop them out.  They come out so cute!!


Attach to the bookmark and you're done!! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea with the crayons! I may have to try that sometime. I also love the idea of an interactive Word Wall. In our district it has to be eye level and interactive...we had had much success with it!

    Have a great school year!
    Meredith
    1, 2, Eyes On You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Best. Idea. Ever. I hate making crayons because of the wrappers. You have solved my problems. Woo hoo!

    Kim
    Carried Away in... K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, those crayons are the best! Thanks for the tutorial about making them. What a sweet idea! LOVE those shoes, too, by the way. They will make the days much better... :)
    Carolyn
    <a href="http://www.ckisloski.blogspot.com>Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together</a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crayons, and LOVE the shoes...where did you get them?? I've been all over searching for grey shoes that will be comfy AND cute for work :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warm soapy water trick!! I've never heard that- great idea...Don't cute shoes make all the difference? We went up to Diana's Bath in North Conway a few weeks ago...so pretty!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete