Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teacher Week '13 {Classroom Digs!}

 Happy Teacher Week '13!  Link up with Blog Hoppin' and share your classroom!  


I'm going to show you my classroom, but here's your warning!!  As you know if you've been reading my little ol' blog, my grade moved schools over the summer.  Last week was the first week we were allowed in to start unpacking!  Soooo I am no where near ready.  I have nothing on the walls.  Nothing organized.  Are you panicking with me? :) 

Don't worry, I have a plan and I know I will be ready in time for school to start!! 

So instead of a tour of the completed room, I will share my plan with you!  Maybe you have some tips or ideas that could help me! :)

Here's the front of my classroom.  My library is in the left corner.  I can't decide if I should leave it like that or make a little reading nook out of them.  As they are now, I can't open the window all the way.  I'm thinking I may want to in the future!!

My desk is also in the front.  I'm thinking of doing my word wall on the bulletin board behind it.  

I love the pretty blue wall :)  And I am super excited for our new Eno Boards!!


Here's my window view!  I'm going to use the heater as a magnetic board for word work.  The shelf has all my reading group supplies {or some of it so far!}.  I will also have a kidney table over there!


These are the kids' hooks for their bags and jackets.  Again, not organized.  All the stuff on the shelves is moving.  I will have baskets for the kids to keep their lunches and hats and gloves in the winter.  It will look so cute when it's done!

You can also see the sink area on the right.  I am getting curtains to cover all of that!


This is the back of my room.  I have my calendar area started in the purple.  I have an idea for two sections of the board, but I'm still working on the last. I'll also be keeping my centers back here.


Do you have any ideas for decorating?!  As hard as it is starting over at a new school, it's kind of nice to start fresh.  The toughest part is deciding how to set everything up.  I've moved things around bunches of times! 

I will post completed pictures as soon as I finish!!  Make sure to check back for a REAL tour!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Your room is looking GREAT! It looks like you! :) I can't wait to hear how the year goes with all 15 of your classes together in one school. I wish you were in my school! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete