1. Last Saturday was the Color Run!! It was my first 5K! It was totally pouring the whole time and SO COLD, but it was so much FUN!!! If you don't know what it is, it's a run where powder paint is thrown around like crazy and there are color stations set up along the run where more paint is tossed at you. If there's one near you, you should definitely do it!! :)
2. My birthday was on Sunday! It was nice to have to long weekend to relax and enjoy it. My boyfriend made me this planter for the deck. Isn't it awesome?! I love it!!!!! He's the best :) He also got me a gel nail polish kit! I did my nails on Sunday and there isn't even a chip (and I worked in the garden, planted seeds with my kids, cleaned...all the things that would usually require a repaint)!! I am in love!
3. Our butterflies hatched sometime over the long weekend. I was a little sad the kids didn't get to see them come out of their chrysalises. But they didn't really care. They've spent the week watching them through magnifying glasses. Today we let them free!! We made cute little butterfly hats for the special occasion. I told the kids we were going to wear them so the butterflies would think we were butterflies and wouldn't be scared. They loved it :)
4. I had an extra short week with my kiddos. Thursday I was part of the interview team that interviewed for new first grade teachers. It was interesting to be on the other side of the interview. I remember how nervous I was for mine!
5. We lost our pencil sharpener. It was sad. The kids loved the electric sharpener, so they would
So now we have been using the pencil sharpener on the wall, which has been off limits all year because it
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen this.......but this little lady has been laying on her eggs for.....21 days! Do you know what that means???? They should be hatching today!! I'm so excited :) I keep checking, but she's covering them all so I can't really tell if any have hatched! There was half on an eggshell to her side, so maybe?!?!?! I have no patience!!!!!
Enjoy the weekend!!! :)