Friday, March 7, 2014

Five for Friday (Dr. Seuss Edition!)



Happy Friday!
Our school spent the week celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday!
Here are the highlights of our week!
(Obviously I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!) :)

 

 Monday was Crazy Hair or Hat Day!
The kids had some crazy hairdos!
I did my hair like a Who. :)


Each of the kids also got a little punch card this week.
For every book they read, they got a number punched!
20 means a PRIZE!
Guess how many read 20 books. ;)
{Here are the punch cards...plus some other goodies!}

Tuesday we wore red, black, and white.
We made Cat in the Hat hats.
We made Thing 1 & 2 (and 3 and 4 and 5!)
I had the kids do their classroom number as their Thing number.


 Wacky Wednesday.
BOY was it wacky!
We started the day by writing under our desks.
WHAT?!  The kids thought I was kidding!!
After that, they wanted to do everything under their desks.
Including eating their snacks.
I should have known! ;)

 Our clip chart was upside down too.
So when the kids were good I had to say, "Move your clip down!" instead of up.
They thought it was the funniest thing ever!!!

We also made did a fact family craft to go along with One Fish, Two  Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.
The kids chose their 3 numbers and wrote them on bubbles.
{Grab them here! Just copy on blue paper :)}
Then they wrote the fact families on the fish (their hands!).
Here's a closer look :)


Thursday was Crazy Sock Day.
We designed our own socks.
We made a fox puppet too, but I forgot to take a picture!


We also read Ten Apples Up On Top.
I printed the kids' pictures and they stacked apples on their heads.
They wrote a fact of 10 on each apple. :)
{Grab the apples here! Copy on red paper :)}

 Today was Pajama Day!
We made Oobleck!
whatwasithinking
Just kidding, HA!
It was messy, but LOTS of fun!!!
We also graphed colored fish. :)

 
I also challenged the kids to read 100 books as a class this week.
On Monday, I sent home a paper to keep track of all the books they read at home.
For every book, the kiddos put a sticker on a number grid.
WE DID IT!


A few of my super teacher friends shared the most adorable craft to go with Oh, The Places You'll Go, but I totally forgot to take a picture. *sad face*  I'll share it next week! :)

Ok, I think I've kept you long enough! ;)
I'm linking this up with Primary Chalkboard too!

 

Happy weekend!!!!!!!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Loved your Dr. Seuss week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of these ideas! Working under the desk was fabulous. That would be fun for the letter "u" to! Or "o" of opposite day! LOVE it. You are SO brave making Oobleck inside. :) They will never forget that. Seriously, whenever I see that you have a post, it makes me smile. Just thought I would let you know! Happy Weekend!!!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week. I bet you're tired!! Love the under the desk day! Mine would love that, too! I hope you have time to put your feet up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sara! Thanks so much for linking up to The Primary Chalkboard! I love this post! The upside clip chart is hilarious! Have to remember that next year! Love the punch cards! Thanks for sharing them!!
    Have a great week!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete