Saturday, May 24, 2014

Weekend Warriors: Math Organization

Welcome to the Weekend Warriors!
I am so lucky to be a part of this super awesome group of bloggers who are bringing you monthly ideas, tricks, and tips for your classroom.


Each month we will have a different theme.
This month's theme is Mathematical May!


Over my five years teaching, I have collected so many math games.
I was constantly digging through bins and drawers trying the find the one I was looking for.
Last year I decided to finally find a way to organize them all!

I got these little baskets from the Dollar Tree!
When I first started them, I had a basket for each of our addition strategies.
Over the year, I have slowly added more for other math skills as well.


I have them all in the order I teach them.
It is SO EASY to find exactly what I'm looking for now!
Not only can I easily find things, but having the baskets right there makes it so easy to grab a game if we have some free time!


Here's a close up! :)


I do have some games that don't quite fit into my labeled baskets, so they are stored in a separate bin.


This is how all those games in the little blue and green baskets looked BEFORE!
Only I had about five of these messy ones! :)

Over the summer, a few of my teammates and I gathered all kinds of materials for our new Envisions math program.

We put together crates like these to keep everything nice and organized and super pretty. :)


Each topic has it's own folder, where we can add things that we use for each skill.
I also squeezed in my teacher manuals for the topics.
At the back, there are all of our assessments, benchmarks, and folders for each addition strategy.
It makes planning and getting copies ready SO easy!

I have a free math game for you!
Maybe you can add it to a math basket! ;)

Froggy Subtraction


Stop back the last weekend of next month for Pinspirational June!!!
Enter the Rafflecopter below to win $10 to my TpT Store! :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway Click the pictures below to hop over to find some more awesome ideas!!!

3 comments:

  1. We use the same math series (love it or hate it, we are stuck with it). I organize many of my materials in a similar way. I use a file cabinet drawer instead of the clear (adorable) box, but the idea is the same. Thanks for your great tips!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your organization! I also love that little ribbon through the crate. It just makes me happy. :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I can't even believe how organized you are! Please come over and fix my room!!

    Slainte,
    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete