Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Classroom Organization!

Do you love organizing?!
I do!!!!
I'm joining Primary Powers for an Organization Blog Hop! :)


Our school recently began using Reading A to Z.
If you've ever used it before, you know it's a LOT  to manage.
I was overwhelmed at first, but now I'm an A to Z master! :)

I thought I'd share some of the things that have worked for me!
If you don't use A to Z, these tips could work for your leveled reading groups too.

The books.
So many books.

I copy each level on a different color paper to make it SUPER easy to find the books I'm looking for.
It also makes grading the pages so easy!


I have a basket for the week we're working on and the next week.
I try to stay a week ahead!

The groups.
So many groups.

I took a manila folder and used some cute washi tape to make boxes for each level.
Then I wrote the kids' names on colored sticky notes.
(I covered the names, but they're there!)
I based the sticky note color on where they were when we started using A to Z.
Look how far they've moved!!!


My little readers.
They make me so happy!

So I just look at my handy little folder, call the kids, pick the right color from my bins and we're good to go!

I also have this little binder to keep all my scores in!


Guess what?!
I have a little freebie for you to help you get organized too!
Click {HERE} to grab it!!!


Head over to Haley's blog for more organizing ideas!!!



4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine organizing all that at once. It looks like you have it all figured out! -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Sarah!! Your group organization looks awesome!!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the this week and next week signs!!! Awesome!!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  4. My school just started using A to Z so this post just made my day!
    Heather
    Second Grade Perks
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete